The location-based solution provides a quick and easily accessible overview of service providers across the state, allowing women to access a range of primary health care support and service options anonymously within a safe environment.
The application is also used by the 1800 My Options team to assist women who contact the service to locate service providers that most closely meet their specific reproductive health requirements.
Features of the application include:
- An interactive map displaying service provider locations around Victoria and its state borders
- A list of data-driven filters which can be applied to the data to filter the providers shown on the map
- A scrollable list of providers showing their contact details and services, to complement the map view
- The ability to filter data by suburb or postcode using the autocomplete search box.
The application is a light web interface developed in-house using AngularJS and a set of open-source web technologies. The application facilitates geocoded postcode/suburb-based querying and includes a private secure version for exclusive use by the 1800 My Options operators to assist women who contact the service to locate service providers that most closely meet their specific requirements. Both the public and private versions are hosted on AWS services housed onshore at the Sydney AWS hosting facility.
The 1800 My Options website supports three key areas:
- ‘What to do…’ – Health information documents and resources
- ‘Where to go…’ service provider locations
- ‘Who to talk to…’ counselling and crisis support
Of these three areas, Spatial Vision developed a solution around the second point of ‘where’, integrating location data into a robust, user-friendly application. The use of data visualisation enables users to quickly analyse and understand the options available to them, ensuring full visibility of providers.