The reports via the app have also helped find rare frogs:
• Endangered Growling Grass Frogs (Litoria raniformis) are being reported on the app, including from constructed wetlands (Species info: https://frogs.org.au/frogs/species/Litoria/raniformis/ )
• The first reports of Red-groined Froglets (Paracrinia haswelli) in 8 years for Greater Melbourne. Made via the app on the Mornington Peninsula (Species info: https://frogs.org.au/frogs/species/Paracrinia/haswelli/ )
• The first reports of Common Spadefoot Toad (Neobatrachus sudelli) in 5 years for Greater Melbourne. (Species info: https://frogs.org.au/frogs/species/Neobatrachus/sudelli/ ).
• New populations of the introduced Eastern Dwarf Tree Frog (Litoria fallax)have been reported. These are an accidental introduction from Northern NSW / QLD, often known as ‘banana box frogs’ (Species info: https://frogs.org.au/frogs/species/Litoria/fallax/)
• The first record of a frog in Docklands – a Southern Brown Tree Frog (Litoria ewingii), a common species but unexpected!
For more information, please call on 1300 366 796 or alternatively email here.