Held in Brisbane at the 2012 International Geospatial Forum, the awards were open to all IMTA Asia Pacific members and were judged in six categories, including the competitive digital mapping products category.
The products were judged on the design, usability, quality of service to their respective market segments and distinguishing characteristics.
Mapscape’s award winning features are:
- Feature Rich Maps – high quality topographical maps optimised for digital delivery. Delivers greater detail in rural areas compared to mainstream ‘street directory-style’ online maps.
- Authoritative – built from official government data suitable for any organisation or groups, such as emergency services agencies, requiring authoritative digital maps for their jurisdiction.
- Seamless Multi-Scale - provides a range of map zoom scales optimised for seamless viewing from state-wide down to property level.
- Multi-platform - can be used on multiple platforms including server, desktop and iPad.
- Standard Technology – compliant with the Open Geospatial Consortium Web Map Tile Service standard.
- Portable Offline Usage - can be used offline on iPads, a feature particularly useful in areas where mobile network coverage is too slow, too costly, intermittent or non-existent.
These prestigious awards recognise cartographic excellence as well as outstanding usability and uniqueness and winning this award has cemented Mapscape’s position in the market as the industry standard for cartography and symbology.
For more information on Mapscape visit www.mapscape.com.au
Other Mapscape news